Holidaymakers seeking to enjoy a beach getaway may find TripAdvisor’s recently announced list valuable.
Gili Meno beach in Gili Meno Island in North Lombok regency, West Nusa Tenggara, has been named the country’s best beach, based on the quantity and quality of traveler reviews and ratings on TripAdvisor gathered over a 12-month period.
Unlike last year, the travel site’s list for Indonesia was dominated by beaches in Lombok and Bali, with only Tanjung Tinggi beach in Bangka Belitung making it into the top ten, coming in at 10th place. Two beaches in East Java, Tanjung Papuma and Klayar, which had previously been included in the 2015 list, were dropped from the recent list.
Below are Indonesia’s top ten beaches in 2016 according to TripAdvisor:
- Gili Meno beach, Gili Meno Island, North Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
- Balangan beach, Kuta, Bali
- Nusa Dua beach, Nusa Dua, Bali
- Selong Belanak beach, Central Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
- Geger beach, Nusa Dua, Bali
- Mawun beach, Central Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
- Jemeluk beach, Karangasem, Bali
- Bingin beach, Pecatu, Bali
- Tanjung Aan beach, Central Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
- Tanjung Tinggi beach, Belitung Island, Bangka Belitung